Retailers are the storefronts that sell the products you will link out to. Think Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, Overstock, and the millions of smaller e-commerce retailers.
In order to make affiliate revenue you must be a part of your retailer’s affiliate program.
We’ll walk through an example below using Amazon as the retailer.
- Get your Amazon affiliate ID. If you don’t have an Amazon affiliate ID, you can sign up for one here.
- Navigate to your WordPress admin and in the left column you’ll see Reviews > Retailers, click that link.
- Then Add New, type in Amazon for the title, then select Amazon from the affiliate network.
- Enter your Amazon affiliate ID in the next text field.
- Optionally, type in any extra data for this retailer, Amazon in this case. This could be information like “Free shipping for orders over $50”, “Amazon prime ships free”, or anything related to this retailer.